Due to the newly instated California AB5 Law, as of January 1, 2020, all audience members will be paid via payroll for attending a television show as an audience member.
To save time you can print and fill out the following documents BEFORE YOU COME TO SET. EVERY PARTICIPANT WILL NEED TO FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING LEGAL DOCUMENTS and have them verified by the SRO staff prior to entering the show:
Each audience member will need to fill out each of the following documents one time only:
- I-9 Form (Download Form)
- What eligibility documents can I use? CLICK HERE
- W-4 Form (Download Form)
- EDD Form (Download Form)
For each show you will need to fill out a non-union talent voucher:
- Non-union talent voucher
- SRO Coordinator will give you a non-union talent voucher at check in of each show
- This voucher must be approved by the SRO coordinator in order to be paid. If you fail to complete a voucher for the show you will not be compensated for the show.
Please allow 7 to 14 business days for your check to be mailed to you.
For all payroll inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Central Casting Payroll Office
2950 North Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
What is AB5 Law?
Assembly Bill No. 5 (AB5):
As of January 1, 2020, the newly instated AB5 law is taking effect that will affect all audience members. The California Assembly Bill 5 (AB5) https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200AB5 will now assume all workers are employees, unless the company that hires them can prove the following three things:
- The worker is free to perform services without the control or direction of the company.
- The worker is performing work tasks that are outside the usual course of the company’s business activities.
- The worker is customarily engaged in an independently established trade, occupation, or business of the same nature as that involved in the work performed.
To write the assemblywoman who instated this new law and express your concerns, please email:
Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legislative Assistant Shubhangi Srivastava EMAIL: email@example.com